We've had at least one request to re-implement the ignore user feature. As it happens, that doesn't need to be added to the list of things to fix because there is already a way to ignore users. Here's how to do it:
1. Either click on the "profile" link in the grey login box on the upper right corner of this page, then click on the "edit my profile" button on the profile page or click on your username in the login box and click the "my settings" link in the drop-down menu.
2. Click on the "'Ignore' Preferences" in the sidebar on the left-hand side.
3. Type the name of the user you'd like to ignore in the box underneath the large, bold "Add a new user to your list" header. It helpfully autocompletes, so be careful to get the right user.
4. Use the check-boxes to the right of the "Add user" box to select the type of content you'd like to ignore. The options are "Posts," "Signature," and "Messages." You may select any combination of them.
5. Click the small, white, difficult-to-see arrow beneath the "Add user" box. This should add the user to your ignore list.
Yes, this is a bit more involved than on the old board. That said, if someone is annoying you enough to find themselves on your ignore list, it really doesn't take that long to add them.
PSA: Ignoring Users
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users