Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Leaf's new national anthem singer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,900 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I think this one's bang on:

We should bring in the lady who sang the anthem for Saturday's Sen's game, LOL.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Kadri our future Gilmour!  In training and a work in progress of course. ;)

And Komarov is our future Clark. :wub:

#2 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

She's a celebrity judge on Canada's Got Talent.

#3 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I know, but her last name was too long to bother posting. I just call her Ms. B., LOL.

#4 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Either way it was horrible and slow.

#5 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Either way it was horrible and slow.

I know, that's the point, she's the Operatic "fat lady" we can have sing. I know she's not that "fat", but you get the point.

#6 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I know, that's the point, she's the Operatic "fat lady" we can have sing. I know she's not that "fat", but you get the point.

Hahaha that's funny... I wonder if she's one of Seer's four octave students. Can she do the math?

#7 jigson

jigson

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

I like the part where Crosby was trying to contain his laughter when she was signing.

Best part of the whole game.

Boo Sens

"Talent is God given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful." - John Wooden

"Stats are like a lamp post.

You can use it to lean on, or, you can be illuminated by it".

-Jim Corsi

#8 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hahaha that's funny... I wonder if she's one of Seer's four octave students. Can she do the math?

Who knows, perhaps she'd be honoured because she had been told "The Math Still Works", LOL

#9 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,390 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Who knows, perhaps she'd be honoured because she had been told "The Math Still Works", LOL

Two faced, eh..? Nice to know... I will add you to my ignore list...

Anyone who has ever tried to sing in a hockey arena with no monitor(s) of any kind, knows how hard it is with all the echos... I have heard much better than her, but also.. much, much worse...

A lot of young people just can't appreciate Classical/Opera style singing..

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#10 Davey705

Davey705

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Anyone who has ever tried to sing in a hockey arena with no monitor(s) of any kind, knows how hard it is with all the echos... I have heard much better than her, but also.. much, much worse...

Really? Did you actually like this performance? LMAO, it was terrible! In part IMO cause I hate when singers try to mutilate a national anthem to suit their style. Usually it just sucks. Alter it slightly sure, but try to stay true to the original. Its a national anthem, not some 80's pop song a rapper wants to change into a hip new single.

P.S.
Ok, after another listen, which was still painful, maybe she doesn't alter it too much, just slows it down. I still find it ridiculous though haha.

Also relax about his math joke man. When things go badly, there is little to releive the pain besides laughing at the situation. Now that we are eliminated, I suggest you have some fun by picking out a cool tank picture. Its really quite amusing. I'm quite proud of my balloon tank.
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. - Plato

#11 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

It's only a joke, and I am sure it wasn't malicious on Todd's part.

#12 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,390 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Really? Did you actually like this performance? LMAO, it was terrible! In part IMO cause I hate when singers try to mutilate a national anthem to suit their style. Usually it just sucks. Alter it slightly sure, but try to stay true to the original. Its a national anthem, not some 80's pop song a rapper wants to change into a hip new single.

P.S.
Ok, after another listen, which was still painful, maybe she doesn't alter it too much, just slows it down. I still find it ridiculous though haha.

Also relax about his math joke man. When things go badly, there is little to releive the pain besides laughing at the situation. Now that we are eliminated, I suggest you have some fun by picking out a cool tank picture. Its really quite amusing. I'm quite proud of my balloon tank.

Rap? It was Opera style Davey.. unless you are listening to something different than I did..? I do laugh at the situation.. I just would never support JBold and/or Sonny on anything they say...

#13 XamDam

XamDam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Seer should be the Leafs athhem singer as he can sing very far away and still be heard. :)
Leafs Rules<:>Go Leafs Go

#14 Davey705

Davey705

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

Rap? It was Opera style Davey.. unless you are listening to something different than I did..? I do laugh at the situation.. I just would never support JBold and/or Sonny on anything they say...

No no, I wasn't calling her rendition rap. I was saying I don't like when singers change the anthem too much. I was using the rap thing as an example of how new artists change up old songs to suit them and suggesting the anthem deserved more respect than that.

#15 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

No no, I wasn't calling her rendition rap. I was saying I don't like when singers change the anthem too much. I was using the rap thing as an example of how new artists change up old songs to suit them and suggesting the anthem deserved more respect than that.

Are we clear on that? I hope so, you don't wanna end up on the ignore list.

#16 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Just read this post now. Almost forgot I put it up. Wow Seer, sorry man. No harm intended. It wasn't meant to be personal. It was purely a joke and the preface was 1. Sonny's comment about your music teachings. 2. Your unrelenting optimism (which I fully supported until Tuesday night's loss) and 3. The possibility she might not know the Leafs were eliminated - doesn't seem to be the type to follow hockey.

#17 Davey705

Davey705

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Are we clear on that? I hope so, you don't wanna end up on the ignore list.

I wouldnt want to be on anyone's ignore list. What with the emotional roller coaster the leafs have put me through this year, I just don't know if my damaged psyche could handle the thought that someone on leafs space didn't like me. It might just put me over the edge. You know what happens then...I snap, go completely mad, and become a habs fan. Terrible! :wacko:

#18 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,390 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Just read this post now. Almost forgot I put it up. Wow Seer, sorry man. No harm intended. It wasn't meant to be personal. It was purely a joke and the preface was 1. Sonny's comment about your music teachings. 2. Your unrelenting optimism (which I fully supported until Tuesday night's loss) and 3. The possibility she might not know the Leafs were eliminated - doesn't seem to be the type to follow hockey.

Sonny doesn't want to believe my history in music, but that's okay... Forgiven, Todd..

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map