Toronto Maple Leafs - Message Boards
SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Young guns

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Buncky

Buncky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

so many players on this leafs team that are young and have a lot of potential...thats always good to have when youre rebuilding, you never know would surprise...I hope the leafs draft top 5 in this years draft as well because of the lockout....Pickup a future star like Barkov or Monahan...

Its funny on my ps3 with nhl 2013....all our players our good and have lots of potential. Jake Gardiner is sick. Matt Frattin is listed better then Macarthur with more potential. So we definitly might have some things to look forward too. Frattin is listed as 83 overall after one off season in Gm mode, and i think Jake Gardiner would be listed at 85. James Reimer started a mere 78....then grew to 83. Not the greatest stats, but i guess they would improve year by year, which is the whole point of a rebuild.

#2 Seer

Seer

TMLEFT - Goalie & Chief Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image
"You try to take our name away from us, Amigo..? " :huh: :lol:

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#3 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

We do have some great young rookies & prospects in the system, Buncky..., but don't rate them from a video game, buddy..

#4 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Unfortunately, pessimists dont watch our prospects and young guns. All they do is look at where they were drafted, and complain they aren't elite

For example. People dont even know who Josh Leivo is. So they'll look him up, see he was drafted in the 3rd round, and assume he's an average player.
"In TO you're either praised or sunk. Masses follow the media even if they're not entirely sure what is going on." -Jonas Gustavsson.

#5 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Here's one of our most talked about "young guns" right now...

Anyone who can't see some possibilities with him has tunnel-vision (with a gloom-doom set of sunglasses on).. :) :ph34r:

#6 Russell_23

Russell_23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationCambridge ON

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Posted Image
"You try to take our name away from us, Amigo..? " :huh: :lol:

I'll make ya famous...... on the DVD there is a bonus feature Bio on the real Billy the Kid.... cool movie... but do not believe the "Bushy Bill" legend....

#7 Russell_23

Russell_23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationCambridge ON

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Unfortunately, pessimists dont watch our prospects and young guns. All they do is look at where they were drafted, and complain they aren't elite

For example. People dont even know who Josh Leivo is. So they'll look him up, see he was drafted in the 3rd round, and assume he's an average player.

Agree.... or if not by where they were drafted, where they are on the ponts board... ohhh wait.. Kessel was high on the points board and well we all know the thoughts on him on this board.. :huh:

#8 racer888

racer888

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

And the optomists think everything is peachy and wonderful in leafland. that Burkie and the latest bunch of hopefulls are going to turn the mess around ( not like we haven't heard this all before ), but I live in the land of "show me" where at some point we expect to see results....yes thats right actual results something we have not had for the last 8 years and now Burkie owns 4 of those years. O wait I think I see a unicorn........... :P

#9 jockdent

jockdent

Walk softly; and carry a big stick!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts
  • LocationThornhill

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

You don't give people enough credit, JBold.

I'm just going to pull a player's name out of a hat. Let's say Scott.

I don't even know where he was drafted.

Let's say he puts up 15-20 points in the next 10 games; and then in the next 10, another 12 points.

Everyone is going to be clammering for him to be brought up to the Leafs!

Do you think anyone is going to care where he was drafted?

#10 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

You don't give people enough credit, JBold.

I'm just going to pull a player's name out of a hat. Let's say Scott.

I don't even know where he was drafted.

Let's say he puts up 15-20 points in the next 10 games; and then in the next 10, another 12 points.

Everyone is going to be clammering for him to be brought up to the Leafs!

Do you think anyone is going to care where he was drafted?

They care where players are drafted, because the same people are upset that we dont have "elite prospects"

And than those same people are the people who say "It doesn't matter what they do in Junior, what they do in junior is irrelevant" when someone does bring up how well our prospects are doing.

When our prospects who were drafted in the later rounds, pessimists on this board dont care. They'll just bring up how we didnt rebuild and get high picks.
"In TO you're either praised or sunk. Masses follow the media even if they're not entirely sure what is going on." -Jonas Gustavsson.

#11 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

And the optomists think everything is peachy and wonderful in leafland.

No, we just understand whats going on.

And we actually watch our prospects

But if you feel like complaining, (Which you always do) how about you start a thread claiming our prospects suck (Even tho you dont watch them).

This is about our young guns and how well they've performed. Don't turn it into one of your pessimistic rants.

#12 monkeyboy1

monkeyboy1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Can I rub it in here that I get to watch Mackinnon and Drouin play together.

#13 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Can I rub it in here that I get to watch Mackinnon and Drouin play together.

They aren't Leaf prospects :(

#14 racer888

racer888

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

No, we just understand whats going on.

And we actually watch our prospects

But if you feel like complaining, (Which you always do) how about you start a thread claiming our prospects suck (Even tho you dont watch them).

This is about our young guns and how well they've performed. Don't turn it into one of your pessimistic rants.

Then you should not have throw out the initial insult about the "pessemists" you can't have it both ways sunshine

#15 jockdent

jockdent

Walk softly; and carry a big stick!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts
  • LocationThornhill

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

They care where players are drafted, because the same people are upset that we dont have "elite prospects"

And than those same people are the people who say "It doesn't matter what they do in Junior, what they do in junior is irrelevant".

When our prospects who were drafted in the later rounds, pessimists on this board dont care. They'll just bring up how we didnt rebuild and get high picks.

Jarri Kurri- drafted 4rth round 69th pick

Brett Hull- drafted 6th round 167th pick

Does anyone know or care where they were drafted?

#16 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Jarri Kurri- drafted 4rth round 69th pick

Brett Hull- drafted 6th round 167th pick

Does anyone know or care where they were drafted?

Were they leafs? Exactly.

I also edited my post that you just quoted.

If a Leafs prospect drafted in the later rounds is doing well in Junior, like Lievo, Leaf fans don't care. They'll say "But we have no elite prospects".

#17 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

[/b]
Then you should not have throw out the initial insult about the "pessemists" you can't have it both ways sunshine

Im glad you view yourself as a pessimist. The first step is admitting it.

#18 racer888

racer888

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Were they leafs? Exactly.

I also edited my post that you just quoted.

If a Leafs prospect drafted in the later rounds is doing well in Junior, like Lievo, Leaf fans don't care. They'll say "But we have no elite prospects".

Stop trying to incite arguments. This thread is about our young guns not about what you think other posters think. Try to stay on topic please

#19 monkeyboy1

monkeyboy1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

They aren't Leaf prospects :(

not yet... :P

#20 J-BOLD

J-BOLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

so many players on this leafs team that are young and have a lot of potential...thats always good to have when youre rebuilding, you never know would surprise...I hope the leafs draft top 5 in this years draft as well because of the lockout....Pickup a future star like Barkov or Monahan...

Is Barkov good? I have never seen him play. I know he's supposed to be a top pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map