Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Komarov loaned to KHL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 SmogTownLeaf

SmogTownLeaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Was a little confused about this move. I would have thought that keeping him playing on North American ice would have been better for him. He'll just have to transition all over again next year (if that's the case). Thoughts?

#2 Maplers

Maplers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I think it's a great idea. Gives some younger players like Ross a chance to play more minutes. Komarov is already developed... Ross is not..

#3 jigson

jigson

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I think it's a great idea. Gives some younger players like Ross a chance to play more minutes. Komarov is already developed... Ross is not..

I agree. It gives Komorov the opportunity to go make better money while he waits for his chance to play in the NHL and opens a spot for the young guys to show their wares.

Its a win win.
"Talent is God given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful." - John Wooden

#4 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,115 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Was a little confused about this move. I would have thought that keeping him playing on North American ice would have been better for him. He'll just have to transition all over again next year (if that's the case). Thoughts?

For the competitive point of view, it would have been nice to keep him around because the Marlies would probably be a better team with him.

However, the AHL is a development league, and he's basically a fully developed guy playing for half the wage he could be making so it makes sense for him.

Meanwhile, the coaches have already had enough trouble trying to get some guys into games, and with Frattin coming back that didn't help the log jam, so at least they get that relief. As mentioned.

He already showed it only took a game or two to start producing on our ice, so getting him to transition to the North American style isn't so much a concern. Keeping in mind, an NHL training camp + preseason schedule is about the length of time it took him to get up to speed...so I don't think getting him to transition is that big of a concern.

#5 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,691 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, ON

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

I agree... makes a world of sense to me. Komarov was brought over here to see if there was a spot for him on the Leafs, not the Marlies. I would also like to see Spencer Abbott get more playing time.
"I guarantee we'll win tonight."
— Mark Messier

"Sometimes people ask, 'Are hockey fights real?' I say, 'If they weren't, I'd get in more of them.'"
— Wayne Gretzky

#6 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,299 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I seems unnecessary to keep him here.

He was one of the higher producers on the marlies, not a struggler, so it obviously didn't take him much time to adjust to North American ice.

It's probably better for him to play with better players in the KHL, than to play with lower caliber players in the AHL.

Not to mention that he's not going to play in AHL when the season starts. He's either going to be with the Leafs or he's going to be in the KHL. He won't stay if they want him to be a career AHLer, he probably won't stay very long if they want him to spend a lot of time in the AHL.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
~ An excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Leafland

#7 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,254 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

He will add toughness, net presence, being a nuisance & distraction to other teams.., as well as being somewhat offensive.., when he comes to the Leafs.. I just would have enjoyed watching him for the season with the Marlies... He was their number one goal scorer too.., up to this point... He will do good in the KHL...

To be honest.., he has the NA game down pretty good, already...

Sidenote: Russell_23 already started a thread about this in the Marlies section of the board..

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#8 ues_ektb

ues_ektb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia, Ekaterinburg

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

You why to Komarova allowed to go to KHL? Disgrace! Omsk is indignant! :)

#9 Rollntroll

Rollntroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

The AHL schedule is considerably tougher than the KHL. More games, more physical, more like the NHL. Now more than ever with the 'lock-out'. I think keeping him in Leaf Land and getting him 'climatized' to the North American game would have been the way to go.

#10 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,254 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

You why to Komarova allowed to go to KHL? Disgrace! Omsk is indignant! :)

?????????????? What..? I need more translation for this, "Ues... :huh:

#11 Mrawl

Mrawl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Pretty sure this about sums it up as to why he'd rather play there lol

#12 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,254 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=fmuF2UqV380

Pretty sure this about sums it up as to why he'd rather play there lol

Great to see him doing well already in the KHL.., but I really think it had more to do with money... Komar. said he wouldn't go over there, unless he could come back here when the season started up again..

#13 ues_ektb

ues_ektb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

?????????????? What..? I need more translation for this, "Ues... :huh:

I dislike Komarov. In Gagarin's cup-final was on the party of Omsk and was against the Moscow Dynamo.
Why released this provoker Komarov to Russia? :)

#14 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,691 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, ON

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Its quite simple actually... he came over to see if he could make the Leafs, not play with the Marlies. It only makes sense for him to want to go back to the KHL until the lockout ends. Its not disgraceful on his part, I appreciate the fact that he stuck around for a long as he did.
"I guarantee we'll win tonight."
— Mark Messier

"Sometimes people ask, 'Are hockey fights real?' I say, 'If they weren't, I'd get in more of them.'"
— Wayne Gretzky

#15 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

And at least he didn't openly whine and complain to the public about the money he was making in the AHL either, something a lot of players would do.

#16 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,254 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I dislike Komarov. In Gagarin's cup-final was on the party of Omsk and was against the Moscow Dynamo.
Why released this provoker Komarov to Russia? :)

Oh... Well..., I understand, than...

But.., I like him... :)

#17 ues_ektb

ues_ektb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Oh... Well..., I understand, than...

But.., I like him... :)

Posted Image

#18 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,115 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Looks like he's on the tow rope at the bunny hill haha

#19 Rollntroll

Rollntroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

And at least he didn't openly whine and complain to the public about the money he was making in the AHL either, something a lot of players would do.

NHL is locked out so he bailed from the next 'best' league. Action speaks louder than words.

#20 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,115 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Developed players don't need to play in a development league.

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map