Toronto Maple Leafs - Message Boards
SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

**** ROCHESTER AMERICANS @ TORONTO MARLIES - Game Thread **** - Saturday, Dec. 8th - 7PM - SPORTSNET ONE

FOR FANS WHO WANT LIVE HOCKEY

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Seer

Seer

TMLEFT - Goalie & Chief Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

...................................Posted Image... ...................... Posted Image

...................ROCHESTER AMERICANS......@..... TORONTO MARLIES

...............Saturday, December 8th, 2012 - 7:00 PM

...............................TV: SPORTSNET ONE
...............................RADIO: TSN 1050 AM & NHL Radio Sirius 207 / XM 92
...............................WEB/PODCAST: AHL.COM (LINK) ---> http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

PREVIEW: AMERKS @ MARLIES

I have always found interest in the ebbs and flows of a season. The way the same group of 20 men can climb to such highs and no sooner be forced to face what at times seems to be a complete turn of luck.

Even more intriguing than the ritualistic ups and downs are the nuances of the game completely out of the control of those who make up the team.

Miles traveled, back heavy schedules, hyperactive three-in-three weekends and long rest periods all add to the drama of a season. The 76 game outline provided to a team long before training camp gets underway may not write the book on how the season will end, but it certainly outlines a few of the chapters. Most interesting are the mini tournaments that come around.

To kick off the 2011/12 campaign, the Marlies faced the Lake Erie Monsters five times in three weeks. The playoff drive featured four meetings in one month against Grand Rapids, including three straight. Toronto’s collecting a perfect eight of eight possible points helped ensure they made the post-season, and the Griffins did not.

As the calendar now flips into December upon us comes a Rochester mini-series. Three meetings in four games for Toronto keeps any lagging wounds from last weekend open and easily recalled. The Marlies happily took both wins from the Americans, two of three straight for the Toronto team. An as Rochester returns to town, fresh off a Friday night win, repayment for last weekend’s lost opportunity will certainly be forefront in their mind.

Here are my notes ahead of the game:

Scoring in bunches seems to be all the rage as top talents Matt Frattin, Nazem Kadri and Jake Gardiner each had two-goal games last weekend

Spencer Abbott’s three assists on Sunday – and nine points in six games – has caught the attention of his coaching staff and looks penciled into Saturday’s lineup

Get this stat – the Marlies have scored on the powerplay in each of their 12 wins, but only once in their nine losses (special teams, special teams, special teams)

Mark Fraser is expected to return to action after sitting last weekend out with a minor bang-up

Rookie netminder Connor Knapp collected his first win of the season on Friday for Rochester

The Americans have only two victories over their past seven games and are yet to defeat Toronto in three meetings thus far this season

Cody Hodgson continues to edge closer to a return to the lineup, although it is unsure if he will be ready for Saturday’s game

Now are you ready for all of the fun stuff? Buckle your seat belts, this one is a doozie. Catch all of the action starting at 7:00pm on Sportsnet One as Joe Bowen, Greg Millen and Paul Hendrick guide you through the broadcast. I’ve heard that resident chimp (ask him about it) Jeff Marek will be manning the desk during intermissions. If you’re in your car, or have a radio receiver setup anything like my parents had growing up, tune your dial to TSN 1050 and catch the call from Marlies regulars Jon Abbott and Bob McGill. If internet’s more your thing, don’t worry we’re not leaving you out. Abbott and McGill can be found on AHL Live where the audio feed is always free and video costs only a couple dollars.

As a weekend heads up, Sunday’s going to be the annual Teddy Bear toss game. So get your teddies ready – you might want to consider safety gear for the flight over the glass.

----(Chansler - Marlies Blog)

**** SEER'S "WHO I'D LIKE TO SEE START" MARLIE LINE-UP ****

Abbott-Aucoin-Frattin
Deschamps-Kadri-McKegg
Hamilton-Zigomanis-Colborne
Scott-Acton-Ross

Kostka-Gardiner
Fraser-Ranger
Holzer-Gysbers

Rynnas
Scrivens

*Last game against Rochester:

*Much more information, game day line-ups, videos, etc. will be added.., as it becomes available

Let's start this weekend with a WIN.., Marlies..!!

GO MARLIES GO !!

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#2 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image
Don't you love it.., when kids are wiser than adults..? :D

#3 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

Toronto Marlies Starting LIne-Up.(*CONFIRMED- Edited: Sat. 7:11PM)

Ross-Kadri-Frattin
Hamilton-Aucoin-Abbott
Deschamps-Colborne-Ashton
Scott-Acton-D'Amigo

Kostka-Gardiner
Gysbers-Ranger
Fraser-Holzer

Scrivens *(Confirmed)
Owuya

Rochester Americans Starting LIne-Up (*UNCONFIRMED)

Roy-Adam-Flynn
Porter-Varone-Rankin
Foligno-Sundher-Legault
Schofield-Mancari

Brennan-McNabb
Pysyk-Schiestel
Gauthier/Leduc-Crawford
Biega

Knapp *(Confirmed)
Leggio

#4 youngbud

youngbud

Rock-Em Sock-Em Defender!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Keep up the great work Naz. I fully expect that Kadri will make the leafs whenever the NHL resumes again. Keep in mind he and frattin were neck and neck for a spot on the team, with basically that nasty knee injury ruining Kadri's chances last time around. He certainly has improved and is picking up his game. I admit when we get a pick and things don't click *snap* like that it is disappointing sure. But at the same time we need to be realistic and stop comparing our guys to Crosby, and Nash and Ovechkin and whatever. Those guys are star studded guys. Not to say our picks aren't good but holy frig not all of them are going to jump onto the roster just like that right? Takes some time. Rather than give them away and throw them under the bus, why not develop them properly. There is no shame in harnessing your game in the minors, it's only one step away from the big show anyhow.

We have made far too many mistakes in rushing guys in and then throwing in the towel when it doesn't work out, the latest example being possibly luke schenn, although he seems like a bit of a lazy player altogether right now. Before that Tlusty did not work out, steen did not work out, stajan, wellwood, straalman, staalberg, versteeg, the list goes on and on. Again if Kadri, Frattin, Hamilton, Ashton, Mckegg, Gardiner, etc can improve their game, and grow as players and really make a splash with the marls and are ready to make an impact with the maple leafs, who am I to argue? That is a plus all the way!

All that said, go get em boys. Let's make it 4 in a row! I expect another great game from Kadri...and I hope Gardiner can put up some points as well.

#5 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Eakins, Ross, Colborne & Kadri Video Interviews --> http://video.maplele...vid=DL|TOR|home

#6 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

You can add Deschamps, Abbott & Kostka to your list above too, Youngbud.. :)

Good post,, Glad to see you in here..

#7 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

By the way, Guys... Since there have been mistakes with Marlies info. posting WHICH Sportsnet Channel will be airing our Marlie games in the recent past.., I thought I'd confirm that the game will be on SPORTSNET ONE, tomorrow night..

Here is the LINK to the AHL.com broadcast page, for any future confirmation:

---> http://theahl.com/tv-schedule-p179479

#8 Russell_23

Russell_23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationCambridge ON

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Will watch it after I come home from the company x-mas party.... cheer them on for both of us Seer....

#9 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Will watch it after I come home from the company x-mas party.... cheer them on for both of us Seer....

Sure... Just bring me back some fruit-cake.., Russ.. :D (if not.. "tarts" LOL!)

..and point to where you will be sitting here, so we can all look for you, okay.? :huh: :lol:

Posted Image

#10 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

The Amerks play the Phantoms tonight.., so if they lose.., expect to see a lot of criticizing of their team in their own fan forum here: ----> http://www.letsgoame...4f27173028c65f2

They always have some great things to say about our Marlies, though.. (check out the older threads in there)..

#11 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

#12 Russell_23

Russell_23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationCambridge ON

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Sure... Just bring my back some fruit-cake.., Russ..

..and point to where you will be sitting here, so we can all look for you, okay.? :huh: :lol:

Posted Image

Funny guy seer..... it would be good if the bosses here sprung for boxes at Richo.... Burke and Co I usually see in Box 12 maybe we can get that one....

#13 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Funny guy seer..... it would be good if the bosses here sprung for boxes at Richo.... Burke and Co I usually see in Box 12 maybe we can get that one....

I just thought you pencil the area in the arena where you do sit... (that was another joke..)..

I hear your boss is springing for a box.. Each person from there who is going will get one free box of popcorn.. :P

#14 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

TMLEFT 2012-13 STARTING LINE-UP

Poyetas- Maximum Taco- Trueleaffan
Maplers -2K4RSXTypeS -G.O.A.T.
Slyro-Pawchio- Davey705
17mancrush-Racer88-Cali_Leafs_Fan

Intransway-TheDorkKnight
LeafNationCitizen-Zizzzy
XamDam-Youngbud

Seer
25Alex56

*(Still to be edited by Coach JD)

#15 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Posted Image

#16 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Toronto Maple Leafs: Has Nazem Kadri Turned the Corner?

Posted Image

(This was goal was priceless.., by Naz... :) )

Nazem Kadri is starting to make his presence felt offensively for the TorontoMarlies this season, and if his impressive performances for head coach Dallas Eakins continue, he will build the confidence needed to finally earn a permanent spot on the Maple Leafs roster.

Kadri has scored three goals in the Marlies' last four games and leads the team with 20 shots in that same period. It's encouraging to see Kadri being aggressive offensively, because when he looks for his offense, he's going to put up points with all the talent he has.

It's important that he continues to take plenty of shots and not be passive in the offensive zone, especially on the power play. It's hard to imagine anyone complaining if Kadri takes a lot of shots each game. Your best offensive players should be confident enough to take their chances offensively.

His offensive production (five goals and 13 assists in 20 games) has been impressive thus far and he will continue to get better as the season progresses.

It's too early to say that Kadri has "turned the corner" and is starting to become the player that fans envisioned him being when he was selected seventh overall by Toronto at the 2009 NHL Draft, but he is improving.

That's an encouraging sign for Leafs fans, who have high expectations for the young forward this season.

#17 calvina7x

calvina7x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

TMLEFT 2012-13 STARTING LINE-UP

Poyetas- Maximum Taco- Trueleaffan
Maplers -2K4RSXTypeS -G.O.A.T.
Slyro-Pawchio- Davey705
LeafsGuy1995/ Racer88 /Cali_Leafs_Fan

Intransway-TheDorkKnight
LeafNationCitizen-kenneth27
XamDam-Youngbud

Seer
25Alex56

*(Still to be edited by Coach JD)

you forgot someone

#18 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

you forgot someone

Read the bottom of the post & talk with JD about it.. You aren't even listed on the team right now..?

If you want to join.., make a post in the TMLEFT thread, in the LOUNGE section of the board.., Cal..

EDIT: You are on the TMEFT (Toronto Marlies Emerg, Fan Team) right now... :)

#19 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

*Sidenote: Seems we had some exciting super heroes in Toronto, last night..? (what a crazy city this is... LOL!)

#20 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,939 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Rochester beat the Phantoms 3-1 last night.., with Knapp in net.., so I expect to see him again tonight...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map