Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

New Alternate Captains

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Winterwind

Winterwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413967

According to TSN Lupul and MacArthur have been given the "A". While I can understand taking the "A" from Komisarek I'm surprised Grabs lost his.

And since Carlyle gave one to Lupul that should dispel any lingering thoughts about bad blood between them.

Winterwind - Re-vamped and re-launched on Canada Day

http://www.winterwind-productions.com

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online

Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#2 Val_James

Val_James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Grabs can't hardly speak english makes no sense to give him the A

#3 gandlebot

gandlebot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well, it's not so much that Grabo got his "taken" from him, as they probably just started from scratch (aside from Dion obviously) and had a vote (or something).

All this means is that there are several deserving guys on our team, which is a good thing… not that Grabovski got stripped or dishonoured or anything.

#4 theZguy

theZguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Grabovski leads with his playing style. He'll take a hit to make a play and the guy never quits. He doesn't need to speak to leave his mark on those around him. Having said that I have no problem with Lupul or MacArthur being assistants. It can't hurt. I don't think having an 'A' means what it used to anyway.

#5 hithardandoften

hithardandoften

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

That's the point that I was going to make, Val.

As far as Mac getting the "A"; I'm not surprised at all.

He's the toughest, skill player on the team; and his grit doesn't get unnoticed by his teammates, or by Carlyle; even though it did get unnoticed by the old regime, most of the fans, and most of the members on this forum.

Speak Softly; and carry a BIG STICK!

#6 Topleft11

Topleft11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I guess Mac getting the A means he wont be getting traded any time soon. Very surprising to me . Unless its some kind of pshycoligical ploy to get teams more interested in him :) .

#7 hithardandoften

hithardandoften

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I guess Mac getting the A means he wont be getting traded any time soon. Very surprising to me . Unless its some kind of pshycoligical ploy to get teams more interested in him :) .

Actually there's absolutely no relationship between wearing the "A", and not getting traded.

He might still get traded in the near future; but for now, his teammates, and Carlyle think he's the best man for the job.

I happen to agree.

I wouldn't be in any hurray to trade him, either; unless it was for, at least, a middle round 1st.

Where in our system, do we have a gritty 20 goal scorer with skill?

Speak Softly; and carry a BIG STICK!

#8 christinegr

christinegr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

It's just a title, there's no reason why anyone without an "C" or "A" can't lead by example anyways

#9 Winterwind

Winterwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's just a title, there's no reason why anyone without an "C" or "A" can't lead by example anyways

True but there's still a certain "something" to having the letter in the eyes of the team and the fans.

Winterwind - Re-vamped and re-launched on Canada Day

http://www.winterwind-productions.com

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online

Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#10 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

The A's are given out by the coach as much as the C is, and to be honest after last season, Lupul deserves it not just for how well he played, but because he was able to overcome past injuries that could have potentially ended his career and he winds up having a breakout season reminiscent of his days with the Flyers. Players should aspire to overcome difficulties and play well like Lupul did.

#11 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Two good choices I think. Love MacArthur having a "A".

#12 Kadrix43

Kadrix43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Grabs played pretty poor last night...

#13 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Your post amuses me. You are saying a player shouldn't be an assistant captain because English is a second language to him? Thank goodness you aren't an assistant captain either because it looks like you struggle with English too.

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map