Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Joe Thornton out 7-10 weeks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 ToTheMax

ToTheMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

I wanted to post this in the game day thread but it was locked and sorry its for 7-10 days not weeks, even though I dont like seeing players I like getting concussion but it will help us this weekend I hope.

#2 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Ouch!!! Marleau isn't going to like that

#3 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

I wanted to post this in the game day thread but it was locked and sorry its for 7-10 days not weeks, even though I dont like seeing players I like getting concussion but it will help us this weekend I hope.

It's also Shawn Thornton not Joe Thornton.

Joe Thornton is the captain and first line centre of the San Jose Sharks.

Shawn Thornton is a 4th line goon for the Boston Bruins.

It honestly won't make much of a difference, the Bruins have more than enough guys who are willing to fight. Losing Shawn Thornton won't make too much of a difference, he's a fourth line plug. It'd be like us losing Brown. Not that I don't like Brownie, but it's rarely you'd say "Oh we'd have won that game if Brownie was in the lineup!"
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
~ An excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Leafland

#4 DonryFetor

DonryFetor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDurham Region

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Are you sure it's Joe Thornton? Shawn Thornton is out 7-10 days with a concussion...suffered in a fight against Scott from Buffalo

#5 Hapanese

Hapanese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

How will it help us? Joe hasn't played for Boston in years...

I think you mean Sean Thornton. He got concussed fighting Scott. Got KTFO'd.

I hate how they put a 7-10 days date on a concussion like that. Should be indefinite until he recovers.

Colton needs to go after Lucic seeing as how he ran around on us when Colton was down in the AHL. I say we put McLaren and Orr out there, in fact I suspect Nonis picking up McLaren had a lot to do with the upcoming Boston game.

This game will really define our team depending on how we show up. I'd just love to see Kessel score one by deking out Hamilton and roofing it pask Raask.

#6 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I hate how they put a 7-10 days date on a concussion like that. Should be indefinite until he recovers.

Colton needs to go after Lucic seeing as how he ran around on us when Colton was down in the AHL. I say we put McLaren and Orr out there, in fact I suspect Nonis picking up McLaren had a lot to do with the upcoming Boston game.

This game will really define our team depending on how we show up. I'd just love to see Kessel score one by deking out Hamilton and roofing it pask Raask.

Stop reading my dream journal Hap!
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

#7 AlexanderTheGreatJr

AlexanderTheGreatJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

ToTheMax.
Joe Thornton and Shawn Thornton.
I can see the difference, can't you?

Phil "the thrill" Kessel 

#8 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I bet you wouldn't call Colton Orr or Mike Brown goons. Thornton has pretty good numbers in comparison, and can be a pretty good player.

#9 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,735 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well. it was already posted in the GT.. (first post)

Injury Report:

Boston will be without Thornton (concussion) and Paille (upper-body). Toronto has Lupul (broken forearm), Clarke MacArthur (lacerated pinkie) and Mike Brown (shoulder) on its injury list.

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#10 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I bet you wouldn't call Colton Orr or Mike Brown goons. Thornton has pretty good numbers in comparison, and can be a pretty good player.

Brown isn't a goon, he is a tough guy, he doesn't always feel compelled to fight either. The likes of Thornton and Simmonds are more goons then Brown is. Orr is on the verge of being a goon, but he is a pretty physical player and plays both ends of the ice with toughness and grit.

#11 youngbud

youngbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

The good news is the leafs are getting healthier! Other than a long term injury to Lupul (might as well get it healed properly and not risk further injury that much), Mike Brown should be back within a week. MacArthur is getting close to playing he is day to day at this point and just needs a little time for the finger to heal. I imagine they are doing everything they can to make sure it does not get infected. Komisarek is cleared to play, so bottom line is we will have a fully healthy lineup other than lupul in a bout a week from now.

Ya the injuries to Boston don't really jump out and wow me that much. Krejci, Horton and Marchand are still healthy....and god knows Horton kills us every time we play him and seguin has been a pain in the *** for us lately. No time would be better for Kessel to break out of his slump than RIGHT NOW! Against this band of bullies!

#12 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

No Orr's a goon too. Goon goon goon.

Brownie is not quite a goon. We have Brownie in the lineup for reasons other than fighting.

If Orr and Thornton don't fight I don't see them in the NHL, therefore they are goons. I can't say the same for Brownie, if the league outlawed fighting I could see Brownie in the lineup for his physical play.

#13 MakaAlbarn

MakaAlbarn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

we won't be facing san jose in regular season how what does Joe Thornton being injuryed have to do with the leafs?

#14 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,735 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

No Orr's a goon too. Goon goon goon.

Brownie is not quite a goon. We have Brownie in the lineup for reasons other than fighting.

If Orr and Thornton don't fight I don't see them in the NHL, therefore they are goons. I can't say the same for Brownie, if the league outlawed fighting I could see Brownie in the lineup for his physical play.

Agree with this assessment... I'd add Rosie to the goon list too, but he's gone now..

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#15 ToTheMax

ToTheMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's also Shawn Thornton not Joe Thornton.

Joe Thornton is the captain and first line centre of the San Jose Sharks.

It honestly won't make much of a difference, the Bruins have more than enough guys who are willing to fight. Losing Shawn Thornton won't make too much of a difference, he's a fourth line plug. It'd be like us losing Brown. Not that I don't like Brownie, but it's rarely you'd say "Oh we'd have won that game if Brownie was in the lineup!"

sorry my bad, was alittle drunk last night and yes Shawn, sooo many Thorntons hahahaha, I feel like such a tard ;(

#16 Artie_Gee

Artie_Gee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • LocationLake Cowichan

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I hope he doesn't. He'll get his butt kicked and be embarrassed. It would just be something else for Boston and their fans to laugh and point fingers at us for.

I'd love to see Kessel take the puck away from Seguin, deke out Hamilton, give Marchand a vicious elbow right in the snot and roof it over Rask, but your idea was pretty good too. lol.

#17 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,394 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I hope he doesn't. He'll get his butt kicked and be embarrassed. It would just be something else for Boston and their fans to laugh and point fingers at us for.

I'd love to see Kessel take the puck away from Seguin, deke out Hamilton, give Marchand a vicious elbow right in the snot and roof it over Rask, but your idea was pretty good too. lol.

That's not what happened last time.

Lucic is a good fighter, but he typically can't match up to a true heavy weight. Orr wins that fight if it happens again.

#18 Artie_Gee

Artie_Gee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • LocationLake Cowichan

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Orr is just getting over the flu. I'm pretty sure he isn't getting much ice time tonight much less getting into a scrap with Lucic.

#19 rbochan

rbochan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

"It's fun to eat punches from John Scott. I just can't flurt bor teh hamanage snurbot..." - Shawn Thornton

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map