Toronto Maple Leafs - Message Boards
SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Online Viewing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ewokbilly

ewokbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hi

I do not have cable television. I am a customer of Bell, and I have Bell Mobile TV on my phone. When available, I watch the game on my phone. Tonight, I was not able to due to blackout restrictions. I decided to sign up for NHL Game Center in order to be an active member of LeafNation. After going through the rigamarole to sign up for the service, I tried to watch the end of the 2nd period of the Leafs Vs Canes game. (Feb 4 2013). As it turns out, I am still under blackout effect because it is available on cable TV in my region. I do not have cable television!
Does or will LeafTv have a service affordable and available to a fan like me? All I want to do is come home from school and forget about my troubles and watch my favourite hockey team!
I am ver dissapointed that there is not anything like this, especially being a customer of Bell, which owns the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Hook a brother up!

#2 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Bell does not have the rights to LeafsTV as it is a division of Rogers Media and was before both companies merged to buy MLSE, and it wouldn't matter since the same was on SportsNet Ontario, and is blacked out for people in northern Ontario for instance. And even then, as a Rogers customer, I have the entire SportsNet package and I can't watch games from the other channels as they are in blackout restrictions as well. It's region limited and you are better off finding a good stream then praying you can watch the Leafs outside of southern Ontario. Also, considering how bad the LeafsTV service generally is (you get what you pay for for 2.50 a month), I don't expect them to do a mobile service anytime soon.

#3 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,078 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

To be honest, I think they kind of messed up this year.

Rogers/Bell seem to be reworking the "leafs broadcast region" rights to go through their services instead of the old Leafs TV interactive. At least judging by the link being taken down from the official site...(top of the page under Leafs TV, where it says "online" doesn't work)...I don't see why they wouldn't offer an online viewing option for non-customers...but they need to sort that out first...part of the hiccups of new ownership I suppose...

#4 thedorkknight

thedorkknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

As HB said there was a link to stream Leafs games directly to your computer and it was operational up to a few weeks ago, but now it's gone for some strange reason.

I went from the message board -to leafs tv tab-to order online. There used to be two options there and now there's only one. And that option says can't find server.

this is the link it gives
https://leafstv.neul...ecure/loginform

You may have to go with Sonny's solution

#5 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,078 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I should mention Sonny's solution is technically illegal and is not endorsed/promoted by this board... ;)

#6 thedorkknight

thedorkknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

There is a legal solution that I completely forgot about, use a VPN such as hidemya**. Many people use them and it's totally legal

#7 BarryMsn

BarryMsn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.alldvdsonline.co.uk/

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

I went from the message board -to leafs tv tab-to order online. There used to be two options there and now there's only one. And that option says can't find server.

Shop the discovery buy cheap dvds for discount DVDs today.

#8 Painfulmoo

Painfulmoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

There is a legal solution that I completely forgot about, use a VPN such as hidemya**. Many people use them and it's totally legal

How do you know all of these things?

#9 uncletex

uncletex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

@staff/moderators  If you want us to avoid using illegal methods to watch the Leafs online, then you should bring back LeafsTV Interactive (The paid, online streaming service for Leafs games).  Every year there are more and more sports fans that are ditching their cable and satellite service.  Do you know why?  Because there's this new invention, it's called the internet.  And it's really easy to stream whatever live sports we want with this thing called the internet.  I'm willing to pay for the service, as I have done in the past, but if the paid-streaming service is not made available, I'll just keep watching ALL the Leaf games for free from illegal streaming sites (Yeah, I don't really care if you endorse it or not, makes no difference to me).  Because there is absolutely no way I'm going to pay $100+ a month for cable or satellite.  

PS. Oh, and using a VPN with NHL Gamecenter sounds like a good idea too.  Either way, I don't have to pay for cable to watch the Leafs, and neither does anyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map