SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

"Holy Mackinaw!"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 cokenfries

cokenfries

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

I had to pinch my self at least 10 times to make sure what I was watching was not a dream :)

Utter domination by the leafs and this time the opponent was a team with elite talent. Just lovin' it :D

Go LEAFS GO

#2 jigson

jigson

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 7,073 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Was a good test for the boys tonight.

Passed with flying colours.
"Talent is God given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful." - John Wooden

#3 Pawchio

Pawchio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

looks like the team is working well together. kessel is doing what the great al mighty sluggo said he could never do. make players around him better. solid defensive team work and if you keep scoring like this, the run will be good.

#4 cokenfries

cokenfries

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Its amazing how much difference a good coach can make... Can't believe its the same lowly leafs that everybody was writing off for this season. Heck we were ranked 28th in the TSN ranking.

#5 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,446 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, ON

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

looks like the team is working well together. kessel is doing what the great al mighty sluggo said he could never do. make players around him better. solid defensive team work and if you keep scoring like this, the run will be good.

Yeah he is finally distributing the puck and making less selfish plays. This only helps his game in the long run because Goalies always play the shot on Kessel, setting up other players makes him unpredictable.

Its amazing how much difference a good coach can make... Can't believe its the same lowly leafs that everybody was writing off for this season. Heck we were ranked 28th in the TSN ranking.

We still might end up 28th yet. However if they continue playing the way they are now, not a chance that will happen... lets enjoy it while we can, :-)

63 man games lost this season for the Leafs top 3 centers.....

#6 Buncky

Buncky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yeah he is finally distributing the puck and making less selfish plays. This only helps his game in the long run because Goalies always play the shot on Kessel, setting up other players makes him unpredictable.

We still might end up 28th yet. However if they continue playing the way they are now, not a chance that will happen... lets enjoy it while we can, :-)

LOL that comment didn't sound like something a true leafs fan would say

#7 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,236 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

We're ranked 13th now in the TSN rankings.

Let's keep climbing that ladder!
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
~ An excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Leafland

#8 Schennanigans

Schennanigans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

What you have to steal Joe Bowen's punch line now ?
The Leafs are getting their game together nicely and I'm hoping they get even better since next months schedule will be a much tougher one against their top division rivals .
Still they have a couple of impressive wins and a 4 game winning streak to build on and they seemed to have way more confidence and control which is really good . Got to really like it when the fourth line guys chip in on the score board totals .

LOSING IS A HABIT BEST BROKEN BY VICTORY

#9 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,446 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, ON

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Why? What did I say to make me any less of a fan?

#10 AceAndThenSome

AceAndThenSome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationImagination Land, Pretend Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

A true fan sticks by a team regardless of whether they're 1st in the league or 28th. Which I'm sure trueleaffan does! Being realistic and preparing for the worst doesn't make you less of a fan.

"I'm from Toronto originally, but everywhere I went people were terrified by my disfigurement. I have to wear this bag on my head because I'm hideously ugly. Had to move here to the United States. Here, people don't think I look ugly! They just think I look Canadian!"- Ugly Bob

#11 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,446 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, ON

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

A true fan sticks by a team regardless of whether they're 1st in the league or 28th. Which I'm sure trueleaffan does! Being realistic and preparing for the worst doesn't make you less of a fan.

Hey that's what I keep saying, :-).

I am just saying that they might end up in 28th, lots of hockey left to be played yet. I gave them kudos by saying if they continue to play the way they are, then they will be ok. I guess by being a fan you have to ignore all other possibilities.

#12 Mr_Darklighter

Mr_Darklighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Was a good test for the boys tonight.

Passed with flying colours.

Were those flying colours black white and orange?

#13 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,602 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I had to pinch my self at least 10 times to make sure what I was watching was not a dream :)

Utter domination by the leafs and this time the opponent was a team with elite talent. Just lovin' it :D

Go LEAFS GO

The last four games have been a late X-mas present.. :)

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#14 Val_James

Val_James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Good test but Philly look REAL soft this year.

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map