Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

3rd place

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DAN_TML

DAN_TML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

The leafs are in 3rd place yet, Luongo trade talk is still going on. Obviously the leafs demonstrated that they do not need him. Reimer and Scriven's are holding their own in net and are young and have played under 100 games. It is likely that they will become better and better as most top goalies don't hit their peak until 30's. However, if Reimer is injured long term over 3 weeks the best goalie to go after is Hasek, a legend who in the KHL still is putting up a .915 save percentage and played 46 games. This tells us he can handle a run for a couple weeks and can still play with the best. Age should only be a factor in long seasons. You cannot really be skeptical as he proves he can and wants to play.

Personally there is no downfall plus, revenue would surely climb as people would like to see the best goalie next to Roy on the ice again

#2 Topleft11

Topleft11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

We don't need Luongo never did. We needed a real coach to play a shut down defensive game and not allow are net to get bombarded with shots. Reimers fine so was Gustoffson, and Scrivens was the best goalie in the AHL. I think we put to much emphasis on goaltending (unless your talking about Brodeur). All we need is a Top Line Center and this team would be pretty much done.

#3 Seer

Seer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61,757 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Posted ImagePaul Hendrick@HennyTweets
Smiling randy carlyle tells media james reimer won't miss an extended period of time. #tmltalk

Posted ImageJonas Siegel@jonasTSN1050
As many have noted, lower body injury for Reimer. Carlyle doesn't expect him to be out for an extended period.

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#4 nodoubtabouter

nodoubtabouter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationLOv ONT.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

i would be disgusted to ever see hasek in a leafs jersey

#5 frozenmildew

frozenmildew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

i love how easy the entire schedule for february looks. the Leafs really need to capitalize on this and win as many as they can so they have a little room for error later on.

#6 Schennanigans

Schennanigans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

i love how easy the entire schedule for february looks. the Leafs really need to capitalize on this and win as many as they can so they have a little room for error later on.

Yes the Leafs are playing some winable games against struggling teams the sens will actually be their toughest competition in Feb. Nevertheless credit where credit is due the Buds are playing much better as a unit with some good secondary scoring to help them out . This month should be a real confidence booster for them .
I just hope Scrivens can hold down the fort until Reimer is good to go again . I really don't see them panicking and overpaying for Luongo but they may have to look for some temporary help in goal if things go bad .

LOSING IS A HABIT BEST BROKEN BY VICTORY

#7 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Those windbags have nothing else to do, and they're so inept that they can't find anything original to talk about. Kypreos is the luckiest man alive, considering he had little talent as a hockey player and less as a broadcaster.

CHANGE THE CHANNEL. It's so easy.

#8 kamehameha

kamehameha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

We're actually in 5th place due to a weak south east division. also were tied with the penguins but since they have the better goals against they take the spot. 1 New Jersey, 2 Boston, 3 Carolina, 4 Pittsburgh, 5 Toronto.

#9 El-Zilcho

El-Zilcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

We're actually in 5th place due to a weak south east division. also were tied with the penguins but since they have the better goals against they take the spot. 1 New Jersey, 2 Boston, 3 Carolina, 4 Pittsburgh, 5 Toronto.

If you look at it from a total points perspective the Leafs would be third though. They actually slot ahead of the Pens for the NHL`s ranking system since they have more non shootout wins then Pittsburgh.

#10 DAN_TML

DAN_TML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Regardless of 3rd or 5th position this team is a team, last year they were a team with luck I can finally enjoy watching the team again. Even if we loose all the games this team will be very hard, entertaining to play against and finally deserve a playoff spot. Do we need a centerman, No we do not unless its a superstar like tavares, malkin, eberle. As i find that getzlaf at moment has less points than our number 3 center and because ducks are doing so well it is likely that getzlaf would be saved instead of someone like perry. therefore, unless you can get a top line center via trade it is better to just wait for one to come to the market or draft one

#11 hobarth

hobarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationKelowna, B.C., Canada

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Reimer has quite a history of injuries and he's now living up to his past as is Lupul. Scrivens scares me, actually he reminds me of Hasek and maybe in time he will play like Hasek but we may still need another quality goaltender.

I don't think Hasek could fill that role.
[If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map