Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Likelihood of Leafs making Playoffs - 99.4%

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 Hapanese

Hapanese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

http://www.sportsclu...ts.com/NHL.html

Interesting stats site. The Leafs sit at 99.4% chance of making the playoffs at this point. Not bad, time to dust off those car flags in the garage.

#2 Hapanese

Hapanese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

41% chance of finishing in the 5th seed (4th - Bos 47% Mtl 37%)

41% chance of finishing in the 6th seed (3rd - Win 41% Car 32%)

So odds are we're playing one of Bos/Mtl/Win/Car

I know it's obvious, but the stats are interesting for those who care. Personally, I'd love to draw MTL since I think it's a great matchup and a great rivalry. Bos might be the worst case. Car/Win are beatable IMO but seem to give the Leafs problems.

#3 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Wow, Leafs - Habs in the playoffs would be incredible... one can only dream.

#4 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Start with Winnipeg. Then take on the habs. Let Pittsburgh and Boston kill each other, Bam, Cup. ;)

#5 popcorn_kid

popcorn_kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

been awhile the Habs swept us in 78 and 79

i still hate Cam Connor

#6 trueleaffan

trueleaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Start with Winnipeg. Then take on the habs. Let Pittsburgh and Boston kill each other, Bam, Cup. ;)

Don't wanna see the Jets personally, playing in Winnipeg scares, bunch of white towel waving hooligans, :-)

#7 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Don't wanna see the Jets personally, playing in Winnipeg scares, bunch of white towel waving hooligans, :-)

They'll be solid with the home games for sure...but we can shut them down.

#8 Pawchio

Pawchio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

first round beat the jets and then second round beat teh habs!

#9 Hapanese

Hapanese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Right now it's: BOS (*ouch) WIN MTL CAR (in order of probability)

#10 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,025 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm happy with finishing 6th and taking on 3rd (Canes or Jets).  Let the Sens try to deal with the Habs or Bruins.

Kadri our future Gilmour!  In training and a work in progress of course. ;)

kadri-decks-ehrhoff-o.gif

And Komarov is our future Clark. :wub:

#11 darkhelmet

darkhelmet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Right now it's: BOS (*ouch) WIN MTL CAR (in order of probability)

Eee Boston. :wacko:  I hate to admit I'm scared of them. But right now, I am. :ph34r:

#12 youngbud

youngbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Keep the faith Dark. I know history has not been kind to us when facing Boston....but at least this year we have played them much much MUCH better than even last hockey season under Ron Wilson. Things are improving. We have even proven that we can beat them and skate with them.....if we play our game we can match up to them. I agree not the first opponent I would like to face either but we should not be looking at the standings worrying about that. You don't get to pick your opponent you just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they will. 

I would prefer carolina or winnipeg too. Ideally I would love for ottawa (who is walking wounded anyhow) to take on Boston, let them beat the tar out of each other....maybe new jersey can play the trap and bore the snot out of montreal....then we can play a battered ottawa team and kick them out in the second round....one can dream anyway. No one know's what will happen in the playoffs the main thing is getting there. We have 44 points. 20-12-4. 12 games left to play. The magic number is FIVE (five wins will give us 54 pts, likely enough to clinch a playoff spot this season). We basically have to play .500 hockey down the stretch very doable. I got all my flags and rally gear ready! Go Leafs Go!!!

#13 AlexanderTheGreatJr

AlexanderTheGreatJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Makeing the playoffs is a step in the right direction.

Just hope Nonis doesn't sell off any future for short term gain.

Stay the course and improve for next year to be even better.

Phil "the thrill" Kessel 

#14 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

100% fact that we didn't need this stat.

#15 Hapanese

Hapanese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

100% fact that we didn't need this stat.

Sports is all about stats... 

#16 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Sports is all about stats... 

Yeah, if you've got nothing better to do.

#17 youngbud

youngbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Nonis already said in the interview or presser that the goal of this trade deadline is possibly to add some depth to the team or a player one piece or two that can have an impact on the team for the playoff drive and  make the team better that way....but he is not going to sacrifice young players and the future of the team going forward just to make a trade to say hey look what we did here. No, Nonis seems like he has kept his word on his dealings and such so I expect we won't be throwing our future away on a dumb trade.

#18 Hapanese

Hapanese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, if you've got nothing better to do.

If you are so important, you probably don't have time for meaningless sports... congrats!

Don't waste your time posting negative stuff in threads just because you don't appreciate the content.

#19 Sonny_l_Styles

Sonny_l_Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

If you are so important, you probably don't have time for meaningless sports... congrats!

Don't waste your time posting negative stuff in threads just because you don't appreciate the content.

I enjoy certain stats, I just thought this one was stupid because it's obvious without knowing the exact percentage that they will be playing in the postseason.

It would take more than an 18 wheeler to derail this trip. I'd even go as far as saying Leafs could luck their way to a Stanley Cup final. No stats, just my gut.

#20 darkhelmet

darkhelmet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Keep the faith Dark. I know history has not been kind to us when facing Boston....but at least this year we have played them much much MUCH better than even last hockey season under Ron Wilson. Things are improving. We have even proven that we can beat them and skate with them.....if we play our game we can match up to them. I agree not the first opponent I would like to face either but we should not be looking at the standings worrying about that. You don't get to pick your opponent you just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they will. 

I would prefer carolina or winnipeg too. Ideally I would love for ottawa (who is walking wounded anyhow) to take on Boston, let them beat the tar out of each other....maybe new jersey can play the trap and bore the snot out of montreal....then we can play a battered ottawa team and kick them out in the second round....one can dream anyway. No one know's what will happen in the playoffs the main thing is getting there. We have 44 points. 20-12-4. 12 games left to play. The magic number is FIVE (five wins will give us 54 pts, likely enough to clinch a playoff spot this season). We basically have to play .500 hockey down the stretch very doable. I got all my flags and rally gear ready! Go Leafs Go!!!

Yeah, it's definitely true the playoffs are unpredictable where anything can happen and I'm gonna enjoy every minute we can stay in them ....................... (but I would still feel better not having to face Boston in the first round after a 9 year drought. :lol: )

Nonis already said in the interview or presser that the goal of this trade deadline is possibly to add some depth to the team or a player one piece or two that can have an impact on the team for the playoff drive and  make the team better that way....but he is not going to sacrifice young players and the future of the team going forward just to make a trade to say hey look what we did here. No, Nonis seems like he has kept his word on his dealings and such so I expect we won't be throwing our future away on a dumb trade.

Thank **** for that.

Unless that's only what he's saying to the media to shut them up. :mellow:

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map