Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Bolland soon to be back on the ice

Davebolland Injuries IR

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 howiegethere

howiegethere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hopefully he is back to 100% when he does return . I doubt the Leafs would rush him back into service for more than a few reasons .
One being that his return from IR means a definite cap crunch that has to be dealt with immediately . Nonis would probably like the added time provided by the Olympic break to sort out his options .
 Bolland has become a fan favourite in TO but we have to remember he is a UFA this summer and no guarantees that he will be re signed so adjusting the roster to suit could be more than the immediate cap issues if Nonis elects to dump salary from the roster to fix the problem he had better have intentions of signing Boland to a contract with some term to it .

I'm anxious to see Bolland back in the line up as I think he will bring a renewed energy to the team but I am curious as to the ramifications it will cause since Gleason will not likely be sent down like Liles was and their salaries are comparable it will not be easy to shed 2 mil in salary .

With Bolland's return getting close it certainly opens up the possibilities of a trade sooner than later .

Life's hard and it's even harder when your stupid  --(John Wayne -quote)

#22 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

Die Hard Leafs Fan All the Way!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Unless Kadri drops the ball and disappears again, I am happy with Holland getting top 6 mins on the Marlies and not turning the 3rd rounder into a second to the Ducks.

The second rounder wouldn't matter if we could string together some wins and goal production from three lines set up as follows:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson

Raymond-Holland-Kulemin

But that's Randy Carlyle for you.

#23 HiDef

HiDef

Chief Visionary Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

The second rounder wouldn't matter if we could string together some wins and goal production from three lines set up as follows:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson

Raymond-Holland-Kulemin

In fairness... you thought RC was a fool to have Bozak anywhere near the first line... but now I see you have him on your first line.

Funny how perceptions change.

#24 howiegethere

howiegethere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson

Raymond-Holland-Kulemin

These lines will probably work better to string together some wins .

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Holland-Kulemin

Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson
McLaren-McClement-Ashton

Life's hard and it's even harder when your stupid  --(John Wayne -quote)

#25 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Holland-Kulemin

Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson
McLaren-McClement-Ashton

First, news flash.  My lines don't have Bolland on them because he isn't near to being game ready yet.  2nd, Removing Kadri from the lineup completely without any mention of a trade is just stupid.

We can't send him down because he'd get snatched off waivers instantly and we'd lose him for nothing.  Have at least SOME shed of management sense will you?

#26 hithardandoften

hithardandoften

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Holland-Kulemin

Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson
McLaren-McClement-Ashton

I think your fangs are showing, Howie.             :angry:

We all know that you don't like Kadri; but really, are you suggesting that he can't even break the Leafs' forwards lineup?

Wow!

You must have a very high regard for the Leafs.                 :lol:

#27 HiDef

HiDef

Chief Visionary Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

First, news flash.  My lines don't have Bolland on them because he isn't near to being game ready yet.  2nd, Removing Kadri from the lineup completely without any mention of a trade is just stupid.

We can't send him down because he'd get snatched off waivers instantly and we'd lose him for nothing.  Have at least SOME shed of management sense will you?

He may have made a trade in his mind that brought in a Dman... I dont see his D pairings listed  :P

#28 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

He may have made a trade in his mind that brought in a Dman... I dont see his D pairings listed  :P

I guess that means you agree with his forward lineup then? :rolleyes:

#29 HiDef

HiDef

Chief Visionary Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

I guess that means you agree with his forward lineup then? :rolleyes:

Depends... I didnt hear what the trade was.  ;)

#30 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Depends... I didnt hear what the trade was.  ;)

You give him too much credit.  I think he was just taking a shot at Kadri. :P

#31 HiDef

HiDef

Chief Visionary Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

You give him too much credit.  I think he was just taking a shot at Kadri. :P

You could always ask him instead of guessing like you do with RC.

#32 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

You could always ask him instead of guessing like you do with RC.

Most people on here speak their minds that's what this is here for.  Be logical.  You're a gut guy like me so use your gut.  Howie would have proposed a trade and posted it in his reply if he thought that far ahead. ;)

#33 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,289 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

LOL, I fully expect Bolland will be a step behind for much of the rest of the year after his injury. But he's exactly the type of guy teams love to have on their third line (if they can afford it).

They gotta re-sign him

#34 17mancrush

17mancrush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

When he gets back sometime in late March Leafs should be in a heated battle with Florida for 15th place bragging rights. Tuesday nights 5-2 loss to Boston and Saturdays 4-1 loss to the Habs will be a harbinger of things to come. He must be depressed at the thought of doing all this rehab to get to play between the Superstars Kulemin and Clarkson  eight goals total

No doubt troll.

#35 Mtheguy

Mtheguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

They won't be battling Florida...C'mon...It will be the Sabres they will fight for 15th. With that jab said. Yes I love the Leafs, I cannot change that fact no matter how much i try...But to the Point of Bolland. His injury was not nearly as severe as Karlssons was. He was actually supposed to have been skating full out 2 weeks ago, but every projected date was set back again and again. Weather their was an issue with the original surgery or what?...his return won't happen till late march providing no more set-backs. If the Leafs want to save the season, they will have to do it with what they have now. Even at the end of March, when Bolland should return, he will not be in game shape before season's end..unless a deep playoff run happens...Don't kid ourselves..Not going to happen. But as a serious note of concern, if this team really needs Bolland to win at a .750 rate for the remander of the season (will need that to make playoffs)..Then what does that say about our depth personell wise???..Black Hawks are just doing fine withought him..Not knocking Bolland he is an exellent all situation asset..Just pointing out the obvious that many of us Leaf fans really do not want to hear...

#36 AlexanderTheGreatJr

AlexanderTheGreatJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

The Leafs need Bolland back ASAP.

WIth Bozak re-solidifying TLC.

Bolland is much needed also, which will give the Leafs that extra boost and depth up the middle.

He is very missed, Bolland is a clutch player with very good defensive abilities.

Phil "the thrill" Kessel 

#37 TylerBiggs92

TylerBiggs92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

Leafs could use Bolland back on the 2nd line right now with Kadri struggling.

#38 ToddLeafsFan

ToddLeafsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Leafs could use Bolland back on the 2nd line right now with Kadri struggling.

He says after Kadri makes a brilliant passing play last night and was a + 1.  Nice timing there Clarkie. :P

#39 Shooter58

Shooter58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Not sure were you're getting your info from but its totally wrong, I have spoken to a couple of sport therapist and they all say its normally a three months rehab which means Bolland is on schedule, he will play before the Olympic break or directly after, you are so far of base when you say end  March.

#40 brocto

brocto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands/Mississauga

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Not sure were you're getting your info from but its totally wrong, I have spoken to a couple of sport therapist and they all say its normally a three months rehab which means Bolland is on schedule, he will play before the Olympic break or directly after, you are so far of base when you say end  March.

So wait. Now an injury is exactly the same for everyone on the planet? If it takes one person to recover from a broken leg 2 months. It takes 2 months for everyone on the planet??? What logic is that?

And i don't want them to force Bolland to play before the Olympic break. Give him time to get back into it, until after the Olympics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Davebolland, Injuries, IR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map