Toronto Maple Leafs - Message Boards
SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Leafs might trade Bolland

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#21 atsrob

atsrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Bollands injury might be a blessing in disguise. The fact that he hasn't played may lower his asking price, although that may all change after the olympic break.

Bolland being injured will have nothing to do with his asking price... take a look!

An unrestricted free agent this summer, the injury has prevented Bolland from raising his stock with a solid year, playing in just 15 games to this point. More concerned with getting back into the line up than worrying about a new contract, he indicated that his past resume should speak for itself.

"I don't know if I'm missing anything, I think in the past few years I've won two Stanley Cups," said Bolland. "I've been to the finals and know what it's like to get there; I've been through those battles so I don't think this should hinder any kind of contract. I think they know what I do and what kind of heart I have out there."

#22 Maplers

Maplers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

But will he be the same when he comes back from IR? Or will he be another Mark Fraser? I'm sure this is what a lot of fans are worrying about right now :(

As long as he gets his mobility back he'll be fine... the issue with Fraser was a concussion and broken skull.. that will change how you play the game...

If Bozie is worth 4.2 and Clarkson gets 5, I'd give Bolland 4 for days... this guy is like a second captain.. he can play on any line... kill penalties, goes into the tough areas.. has some good offense that he's shown here....  It's guys like Bolland and Kulemin that give this team character.. I wouldn't be letting them go..

#23 AceAndThenSome

AceAndThenSome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationImagination Land, Pretend Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

As long as he gets his mobility back he'll be fine... the issue with Fraser was a concussion and broken skull.. that will change how you play the game...

If Bozie is worth 4.2 and Clarkson gets 5, I'd give Bolland 4 for days... this guy is like a second captain.. he can play on any line... kill penalties, goes into the tough areas.. has some good offense that he's shown here....  It's guys like Bolland and Kulemin that give this team character.. I wouldn't be letting them go..

Did you see the X-Ray someone posted of Mark Frasers skull when he took that puck to the face? Just the image alone would be enough to make me shy away a little :P

You are probably right though, I think with Mark Fraser it was more psychological. after the injury I think he steered away from physical play and blocking shots a little more. With Bolland it's only his mobility he needs to worry about.

Here's hoping he comes back 100%

"I'm from Toronto originally, but everywhere I went people were terrified by my disfigurement. I have to wear this bag on my head because I'm hideously ugly. Had to move here to the United States. Here, people don't think I look ugly! They just think I look Canadian!"- Ugly Bob

#24 Poyetas

Poyetas

Logic is no match for experience

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Did you see the X-Ray someone posted of Mark Frasers skull when he took that puck to the face? Just the image alone would be enough to make me shy away a little :P

Looks like the Terminator

NOXZO8S.jpg

#25 AceAndThenSome

AceAndThenSome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Looks like the Terminator

"I'll be back... With a diminished ability to play D."

"I'm from Toronto originally, but everywhere I went people were terrified by my disfigurement. I have to wear this bag on my head because I'm hideously ugly. Had to move here to the United States. Here, people don't think I look ugly! They just think I look Canadian!"- Ugly Bob

#26 AceAndThenSome

AceAndThenSome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

The only time my girlfriend has ever taken an interest in hockey was when I showed her that picture though. She's a radiology tech and was in awe :o

Hell of an injury.

#27 TylerBiggs92

TylerBiggs92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Trading Bolland would be a massive mistake. 

#28 Seer

Seer

TMLEFT - Goalie & Chief Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52,061 posts
  • Location"The Big Smoke" (Toronto)

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

GOSSIP

SPEED IS YOUR FRIEND, MAPLE LEAFS..! USE IT IN EVERY GAME..!!

#29 leefs

leefs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationRegina sask

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Crazy idea to trade Bolland. I would be comfortable re-signing him for 4 years at 4m per year if im reasonably certain that he can fully recover from that injury. This is a decision that nonis will have to make and I hope he does not rush it.

#30 ToTheMax

ToTheMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

I agree with Seer this is GOSSIP!, Bolland is a great upgrade to our team and trading him now is just hogwash, Nonis wants playoff experienced players and Bolland brings that as well great leadership, trading him would not be a smart move unless we got a top line center then I can understand.

#31 AlexanderTheGreatJr

AlexanderTheGreatJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Trade Sundin and Kadri.

Not my problem anymore - Brian Burke (former President and G.M of the Toronto Maple Leafs)

#32 TylerBiggs92

TylerBiggs92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

We need to keep Bolland. The End!

#33 TylerBiggs92

TylerBiggs92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

First they would never get the value back that he is going to give to the line up once he returns because he has been injured for most of the season. This is the guy you want on your team for playoffs and I believe one of the main reasons why they went after him. 

#34 preisst

preisst

Lord High Preisst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

First they would never get the value back that he is going to give to the line up once he returns because he has been injured for most of the season. This is the guy you want on your team for playoffs and I believe one of the main reasons why they went after him. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again,  I think Bolland should have won the Conn Smythe when the Hawks won the Cup in 2010.  The dude was outstanding.

I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes. - - William Tecumseh Sherman (1820-1891) American General

#35 jigson

jigson

• Moderators
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

Bolland will be the trade deadline acquisition that puts the team over the top for the playoffs that we didn't actually have to trade for.

Can't wait to see him back in blue and white.

"Talent is God given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful." - John Wooden

#36 hobarth

hobarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationKelowna, B.C., Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

Kadri(2nd line center), Bozak and Bolland (3rd Line) and McC (4th line) I don't see any room in that group for a 1st line center. We don't need 2 3rd line centers, Nony should have made the choice between Bolland or Bozak last summer.

Next year like this year there are options in the trade mart for 3rd line centers so tying up cap space on another 3rd line center doesn't make any sense to me.

Resigning Holland to a Colborne like contract seems a far more attractive option to me especially if he learns how to lace his skates which means TO would have cap space to perhaps upgrade center or defense.
[If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map