Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

MapleLeafs.com proudly sponsored by ROGERS™ Welcome to the Official Site of Leafs Nation - MapleLeafs.com

Photo

Vancouver for Trade?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 ToTheMax

ToTheMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

According to sources Mike Gillis is willing to trade anyone!

#2 Maplers

Maplers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

ha ha ha well I'm not sure they have a lot of that we need... the only guy I can think of that might be nice would be Kevin Bieksa  but I'm not sure I'd give up a lot of young assets for him...

#3 Maplers

Maplers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

love the avatar btw :)

#4 ToTheMax

ToTheMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

I love the irony of it all, makes me just burst out laughing at Gillis and the Nucks.

#5 Maplers

Maplers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

I love the irony of it all, makes me just burst out laughing at Gillis and the Nucks.

Yeah I think they played their cards wrong.. that 12 year contract for Luongo started it all.. and I wasn't a big fan of the deal for Hodgson...

#6 Leafblue

Leafblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Tough situ for the Nucks...no less than 10 NTC. Why anyone would feel Burroughs needed one is beyond me.

Kesler and Bieksa by far the most attractive contracts in Van but both would need to waive their NTC

#7 cali_leafs_fan

cali_leafs_fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Tough situ for the Nucks...no less than 10 NTC. Why anyone would feel Burroughs needed one is beyond me.

Kesler and Bieksa by far the most attractive contracts in Van but both would need to waive their NTC

Perhaps Kesler will get a glimpse of Kessel and JVR in Sochi and want to continue to be on a team with them :D

"If I only had a heart" - The Tin Man

#8 H-B-C-Y-G

H-B-C-Y-G

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

The only guys I'd want are probably off limits.

Kesler, Hamhuis, Bieksa...

#9 MaximumTaco

MaximumTaco

TMLEFT - First Line Centre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,828 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

I doubt Gillis is willing to trade anyone right now, unless he's getting back a quality roster player.

The Nucks window is about to slam shut, the Sedins are getting older and Luongo is about to be supplanted by Price as Canada's best tender. They gotta win now.

We won't be their target cause we aren't willing to give up anybody we need either.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
~ An excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Leafland

#10 frankthetank50001

frankthetank50001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

Trade Tor : Riemer + Gunnerson + Raymond + Holland + Percy + Abbot + 2nd 2015 Van: Kassian + Bieksa + Lack + Sessito Jvr Bozak Kessel Lupul Kadri Kassian Clarkson Bolland Kulemin Brodie Mcclement Sessito / Orr Phaneuf Bieska Franson Gleason Gardiner Rielly (Ranger Brennan) Bernier Lack

#11 Artie_Gee

Artie_Gee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationLake Cowichan

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I doubt Gillis is willing to trade anyone right now, unless he's getting back a quality roster player.

The Nucks window is about to slam shut, the Sedins are getting older and Luongo is about to be supplanted by Price as Canada's best tender. They gotta win now.

We won't be their target cause we aren't willing to give up anybody we need either.

Agreed.  Unfortunately it appears the Canucks have missed the boat.

They came so close, but now injuries and years are starting to catch up with them.

The Canucks would want a significant return for either Hamhuis, Bieksa or Kesler and we'd be crazy to make the deal imo.  I'd love to get Kesler.  No offense to Tyler Bozak, but I think Kesler would make a huge improvement to both Kessel and JVR on the top line.

And neither Bieksa nor Hamhuis are stay at home, shut down guys and we don't really need anymore offensive d-men.

#12 HiDef

HiDef

Chief Visionary Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

It says alot for how far this team has come when its hard to think of much Vancouver has to offer us that would improve our team.  :D

#13 frankthetank50001

frankthetank50001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

No idea what trade you are proposing here.  

Sorry, this is what i meant.

Trade

to Van: Riemer, Raymond, Holland, Percy, Gunnarson, Abbott

to Toronto : Kassian, Bieska, Lack, Sessito

JVR Bozak Kessel

Lupul Kadri Kassian

Clarkson Bolland Kulemin

Sesito, Mcclement Brodie/Orr

Phanuef Bieska

Franson Gleason

Gardiner Rielly

(Ranger, Brennan)

Bernier

Lack

#14 jamason

jamason

GM of the TMLEFT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Can we hear the reasoning?  Im just wondering the point.

OK, we swap backup goalies, and might gain a bit.

We take their goon, and their player with the next most penalties, athough we're already overstocked with those type of players, and give them a forward they didn't want (who is also producing more offensively than both of them combined), an extra center, and a couple of prospects.

We swap a defensive defenceman for a more offensive one, although we need another defensive one, and are already overstocked with offensive types.

So we might gain a bit on the backup goalie department, but lose in forwards, defence, and prospects, for the sake of getting extra goonery?

"There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time.  I owe him my best."  Joe DiMaggio

#15 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

Yeah I think they played their cards wrong.. that 12 year contract for Luongo started it all.. and I wasn't a big fan of the deal for Hodgson...

That was one of the worst trades I have seen in a long time. An up and coming top 3 player traded away for some mediocre toughness (because the Sedin sisters and Kesler are a bunch of wimps who can't block shots or finish their checks) and a couple of draft picks. And people still complain about the Kessel trade, at least it's worked out for us, Seguin didn't seem to work out for Boston but even trading him might wind up biting the Bruins in the rear end in another year or two.

#16 CrazyCanuckEh

CrazyCanuckEh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Trade

JVR Bozak Kessel

Lupul Kadri Kassian

Clarkson Bolland Kulemin

Phanuef Bieska

Franson Gleason

Gardiner Rielly

(Ranger, Brennan)

Bernier

Lack

No, Reimer is a million times better of a goalie then Lack will ever be. Eddie Lacks the skill to be an NHL starter and he still sucks as a backup, at least Reimer has the experience. And no one wants a soft injury prone hack like Bieksa.

#17 howiegethere

howiegethere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Trade Tor : Riemer + Gunnerson + Raymond + Holland + Percy + Abbot + 2nd 2015 Van: Kassian + Bieksa + Lack + Sessito Jvr Bozak Kessel Lupul Kadri Kassian Clarkson Bolland Kulemin Brodie Mcclement Sessito / Orr Phaneuf Bieska Franson Gleason Gardiner Rielly (Ranger Brennan) Bernier Lack

Just line them all up at the game on Saturday and have them change jerseys . Seems to me the canucks have very little the Leafs need just a lot of what you would like .

Life's hard and it's even harder when your stupid  --(John Wayne -quote)

#18 preisst

preisst

Lord High Preisst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

Trade

JVR Bozak Kessel

Lupul Kadri Kassian

Clarkson Bolland Kulemin

Phanuef Bieska

Franson Gleason

Gardiner Rielly

(Ranger, Brennan)

Bernier

Lack

Why don't we throw in Lupul and Kadri for Burrows while we're at it?

I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes. - - William Tecumseh Sherman (1820-1891) American General

I bow to your greatness!  

#19 hobarth

hobarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationKelowna, B.C., Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Has everyone forgot how easily Van. manhandled TO when TO was in the midst of the good start, I haven't. Both Van and TO were healthy then, Van won 4-0, outshot TO 47-21. There's a lot of good players on that team, TO could definitely use them.

The Van team TO played tonite is missing 4 of their top 6 d-men, the #1 center (an actual #1 center) and more.
What do you call 5 Toronto Maple Leafs players standing ear to ear?

A wind tunnel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

torontomapleleafs.com is the official Web site of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. The Maple Leafs and mapleleafs.com are trademarks of MLSE.  NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 MLSE and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Terms Of Use | Contact Us | Employment Opportunities | Advertise on mapleleafs.com | Privacy Policy | AdChoices | NHL.com Terms of Use | Site Map